Love in a Relationship
A relationship is composed of many things: friendship, sexual attraction, intellectual compatibility, and, of course, love. Love is the glue that keeps a relationship strong and solid.
But how do you know if you are truly in love? Here are some signs that the emotion you are feeling is healthy, life-enhancing love Despite the phrase “it was love at first sight”, love is not something we feel right away.
That strong feeling of attraction, like a magnet pulling you towards that person you’ve just met? That’s infatuation and sexual chemistry. Mother nature gives us a big dose of infatuation in order to get us together initially.
Love does include sexual chemistry but it differs because it is an emotion that takes time to build.
Lust can appear in an instant; love evolves over a period of time as you get to know the other person inside and outside.
Despite the phrase “it was love at first sight”, love is not something we feel right away.
That strong feeling of attraction, like a magnet pulling you towards that person you’ve just met?
That’s infatuation and sexual chemistry.
- Love is not lust
- A relationship without love is not really a fully-faceted relationship
- Love, like fine wine, takes time to bloom
- Is there only one true love?
- Love is generous
- We feel what our partner feels
- Love means compromise
- We act with ethics and morals
- We are guardians of each other’s solitude
- Their wins are sources of happiness for us, not jealousy
- They are always on our mind
- Sexual intimacy deepens
- We feel safe
- We feel seen and heard
- Love allows us to fight without fear