The reasons why eating fish is good are many: we see the main reasons why it is important to include fish in a healthy diet.
It is one of the best sources of protein to be included in a healthy diet, but also in a weight loss diet: let’s see the reasons why eating fish is good.
Rich in essential nutrients, such as omega-3 fatty acids, fish is useful during the diet as a lean protein that keeps the body fit and muscles full of energy, but it is also a very tasty food: first, second, appetizers, there are no limits and this food lends itself well to particularly healthy cooking, such as baked and steamed.
To benefit from the many qualities of fish are then the liver, the brain and even sleep: if you still have doubts, here are 10 reasons why eating fish is good.
- Because it reduces the risk of heart problems. According to research published in the American Journal of Cardiology, fish consumption is associated with a lower risk of coronary heart disease, thanks to omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce inflammation and help protect the heart.
- Because it improves the symptoms of depression. The Journal of Psychiatry & Neuroscience has unveiled that fish oil can help improve symptoms of depression when taken with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), a type of antidepressant.
- Because it is a great source of vitamin D. Vitamin D is an essential nutrient that is often lacking: fish are considered one of the best sources in the diet of this vitamin.
- Because it improves the sight. Omega-3 fatty acids are useful for improving eyesight and eye health: fish is one of the best sources of these good fats.
- Because it improves the quality of sleep. Those who have trouble sleeping could focus on fish at dinner. According to a study published by The Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, an increase in fish consumption has improved sleep quality for most subjects, perhaps due to the vitamin D concentration.
- Because it’s a lean protein. Most fish are a great source of protein without the high saturated fat content of meat.
Because it lowers cholesterol. Among the foods that can reduce the levels of “bad” cholesterol, there is fish, again thanks to omega-3.
- Because it can reduce the risk of tumors. Regular consumption of fish can reduce the risk of some cancers, especially those of the oral cavity, colon, and pancreas.
- Because it activates the metabolism. A research carried out at the Guelph University Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences confirmed that omega-3 fats have a positive effect on metabolism, reawakening it.
- Because it lowers the pressure. If you have a little high blood pressure, eating fish can help lower it. Such as?
- Again thanks to the high concentration of omega-3.
Enjoy my book 🙂